So far, I have been enjoying the Adventures of Business Cat a great deal, possibly more than is appropriate for an adult human. (All of these are from the webcomic Happy Jar)
UPDATE: Now with more Business.
YES ALL THE BUSINESS CAT STRIPS IN ONE PLACE
Can we just talk about how this kid puts every pro choice argument I’ve ever heard to shame?
LMAO NO SHE REALLY DOESN’T
1. A fetus is not sentient or aware and doesn’t care about whether it gets aborted
2. A fetus ISN’T a child
3. The latin root doesn’t actually matter
4. Abortions aren’t performed on 5 month fetuses ‘all the time’ because the only time they’re done after 20 weeks (4.5 months) is when the fetus is dead, actively dying, suffers severe abnormalities or will kill the pregnant person.
5.THE FETUS’ RIGHTS DO NOT OVERRIDE THE PREGNANT PERSON’S RIGHTS. Any right to life the fetus has DOES NOT override the pregnant persons right to bodily autonomy. Not now, not ever. So saying ‘is the mother’s right to choose really more important than the rights the fetus was never given?’??? YES. THE PREGNANT PERSON’S RIGHT TO DECIDE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT USE THEIR BODY IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE ELSE’S RIGHTS, WANTS OR DESIRES.
6. Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy, so a person consenting to the act of having sex does not mean they should be denied abortions.
7. 54% of the people getting abortions DID use contraception and did NOT have unprotected sex
8. Abortion IS a form or responsibility (Whoops, another thing she’s conveniently glossed over)
9. Actually ‘hard case’ is more common. 1.75% are to IMMEDIATELY save the pregnant persons life, 3-5% are rape and incest, and 12% are for mental or physical health reasons BEFORE they become immediately life threatening. That’s a LOT more than what she claims and I have sources to back it up, she doesn’t.
10. Those health problems are actually myths and have been debunked NUMEROUS times by non-biased sources. There is a WHOLE POST I did debunking a lot more than what she claims and what she claims! (And the number is way, WAY lower than ‘17% of abortion recipients.)The Cancer institute says she’s wrong about the breast cancer thing.
12. Alcohol and drug abuse more common? Interesting how I can ONLY find this on pro life sites and very interesting how I see 2x more likely, 5x more likely, 4x more likely… the inconsistency reeks of bullshit.
13. God is not something you should be bringing into the discussion as belief is varied and *gasp* many religious beliefs actually teach a pro choice stand point.
14. Dr. Seuss was pro choice, Horton Hears A Who was about the internment camps of the Japanese and the Vietnam war and his widow not only donates to planned parenthood but regularly SUES people who use the quote he did for pro life rallies.
So no. She hasn’t ‘put every pro choice argument to shame’. She’s proven she’s a child with NO concept of what abortion is or why people get them. She’s committed a copyright infringement, she’s regurgitated all the pro life rhetoric every pro choicer has heard a hundred times and she’s proven she can’t be bothered to actually research her topic correctly (Did she use lifenews or something? Because she failed to mention any sources for information and got an enormous number of things very, very wrong).
Sorry but this kid hasn’t got a fucking clue what they’re talking about.
Taco cat spelt backwards is taco cat
I am so happy someone took the job to figure that out
John Mulaney | The Salt & Pepper Diner
THE BEST JOKE IN EXISTENCE
GOD I JUST TOLD SOMEONE ABOUT THIS STORY
This is one of the best pieces of comedy that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. I love this. I have been looking for this online for awhile.
Tips taught at first aid class : If you have an asthma attack and have no medication on you. Drink a cup of BLACK coffee, it is a bronchodilator for emergencies.
Jelly Belly Chairman donates $5000 to help turn back the rights of trans kids in California to use the bath room and change rooms of their gender identity, not assigned sex.
Source: THE AGE
D: I love Jelly Bellys, but this is not okay.